High-Quality Dental Implants in Spring Lake, NC
Have you a lost a tooth, or maybe multiple teeth? Thanks to advancements in dentistry, you have more options than ever when it comes to restoring your smile. One that has become widely popular with patients and dental professionals alike is dental implants. At Spring Lake Oral Surgery, we provide a full suite of dental implant services, from single-tooth replacements all the way to denture stabilization. If you’re ready to get back a healthy, beautiful, full smile, set up a consultation at our practice today!
How Dental Implants Work
The driving idea behind dental implants is to mimic the look and function of a natural tooth. The implant itself is a small post meant to serve as the artificial tooth root. That means it’s secured in the jaw, stabilizing the bone. After we surgically place the implant, we give it time to fuse together and for the area to heal.
Once that’s complete, we attach a connector piece called an abutment and then place the restoration, which could be a dental crown, bridge, or denture depending on your case.<.p>
After we surgically place the implant in your bone, we give it time to fuse together and for the area to heal. Once that’s complete, we attach a connector piece called an abutment and then place the restoration.
- Single-Tooth Replacement — If you have one tooth missing, we can place a single implant in the space and then bond a custom dental crown on top.
- Multi-tooth Replacement — If you have multiple teeth missing, we can attach a row of replacement teeth to dental implants on either side of the gap.
- Implant-Supported Dentures — If you are missing an entire arch of teeth, we can place multiple implants that your denture will snap onto.
Advantages of Tooth Implants
Wonder what’s so great about dental implants? They actually have many different benefits that range from their appearance to their convenience to their affect on your oral health. These are some of the main advantages to dental implants:
- Natural Look & Feel — Dental implants are carefully designed to resemble the appearance and feel of natural teeth. We bet most people won’t be able to spot which one is the fake tooth. You won’t even notice the difference yourself in how it feels compared to your other teeth.
- Permanent Placement — Since they’re fixed in place, dental implants don’t require adhesives to stay secure. That means you also won’t have to worry about them slipping or potentially falling out.
- Durability — As long as you practice good oral hygiene, your tooth implant is designed to last you many, many years.
- Stress-Free Maintenance — There are no special cleaning products or added steps to your at-home oral care routine with dental implants. Just brush and floss them like you do with your other teeth!
- Positive Health Effects — Dental implants make sure the teeth surrounding the open space don’t shift and mess with your teeth alignment. They also stimulate the jawbone like natural teeth do, keeping it healthy.